Friday, March 2, 2018

Webinar

Since the internet connection was very slow, I wasn't able to catch up with everything said by the Dr. and I ended up only watching a small part of the webinar. I signed up for another webinar, but I faced the same problem and the picture kept turning black. I communicated with the team responsible and they said they will send it to me after it finishes but the connection didn't help me to watch it again even though they've sent me a certificate for watching it. The topic was interesting about using rugs in the classrooms for KGS'.
Moving back to the first webinar, Encourage Physical Activity in Preschoolers, it was by Steve Standers, a Professor at the University of South California. After he introduced himself, he said a quote about playing as a warm up for his topic about the importance of play for children. He focused on the loco motor skills which he divided into 2 categories: the uneven rhythm loco motor skills like skip, gallop, and and slide, and the even rhythm loco motor skills like run, jump, hop, bounce...
He also talked about the different stages a child passes through uses his motion, since at the beginning he flips from moving his hands and legs to crawling then taking their first steps. He focused on the nature of moving through children, how it develops, and how important is our job as teachers to protect this movement in schools and invest it in fun activities. I wish that I was able to know more about the topic since I wanted to know about fun physical activities to make for children because I'm a KG 2 teacher but I wasn't lucky enough to hear the full session...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Motivate Students to Go to School

Schools are greatly concerned about the performance and knowledge acquirement of students since their main and unified goal is to b...